John Haas mentioned this on his blog, but I kind of think that BOHEMIAN
WAXWINGS are worthy of their own headline. People going for the finch a few
days from now may wonder where they saw it mentioned, so it ought to be
apparent on this list. A flock of 40 or so were found by Jeff Ritter, Karlo
Mirth, and I across the street from the home where the finch is being seen.
They were in a row of trees out in the field for about 5 minutes. They were
seen flying south, perhaps toward the Sugar River, although I believe the
number there was probably no more than 15. The birds in this area, where the
river parallels and then crosses under route 12D (maybe a mile plus south of
the finch spot), stayed for a while.

 

Steve Walter

Bayside, NY 


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to