Tuesday, 24 April, 2012  -  Manhattan (mid-town), N.Y. City

The PROTHONOTARY Warbler is still present at Bryant Park.  I found it  
after about 30+ minutes looking, low in London plane tree branches at  
the north side of the large open lawn, and about where a "break" in  
the adjacent plantings is for access to and from W. 42 St., and the  
lawn. This is almost opposite the western end of the large white- 
facaded Grace building which stands across W. 42 St. from Bryant  
Park.  The warbler also came down to the plantings immediately near  
the lawn for a short time, then back up into trees.  Sighting was from  
11:55 - noon & unfortunately, one other birder I'd seen had just  
departed a few minutes earlier... nor did I see other birders.  If you  
try, I suggest walking the perimeter of the lawn and the plantings  
around it, looking in plane trees, as well as within the vegetation  
below. It seems to be the only bright yellow object flying-flitting in  
the park this day...

(other birds seen were of more standard variety.)

Good luck,

Tom Fiore,
Manhattan



--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to