This evening's NYC Audubon Bryant Park bird walk (5/24 from 5-6 PM) was quite 
productive in spite of the intermittent rain.  In the park proper, we had a 
Gray-cheeked Thrush, Gray Catbirds, several Ovenbirds (at least a half-dozen), 
Common Yellowthroats, a couple of female Blackpoll Warblers, American Redstarts 
(female-plumaged as well), and a little flitting warbler with a yellow throat 
that may have been a parula but I thought was a Nashville.  This was in the 
London planes behind the Library, in the NE corner of the park.  I hope someone 
gets a better look at that warbler than I did.  There were also a lot of Common 
Yellowthroats in the treetops acting like proper warblers, confusing matters.
In front of the Library, in the Northern stand of honey locusts, we had an 
excellent mixed warbler flock, including:
Northern Parula (1 ♀)Black-throated Blue Warbler (2, ♀&♂) the male was hopping 
on the ground with sparrows!Yellow Warbler (1 ♀)Magnolia Warbler (1 ♂)American 
Redstart (1 ♀)Common Yellowthroat (several, ♀&♂)Wilson's Warbler (1 ♀)Ovenbird 
(1)
With the rain and clouds, it quickly got too dark to see colors well, but I 
suspect there were some other species there as well.  Definitely worth 
investigating in the morning!
Good birding,
Gabriel WillowNYC Audubon

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to