I was at Prospect Park when I got the email about the white-faced Ibis.  Before 
I left I was able to see Palm, Pine, Yellow-rumped and my first of year 
Northern Parula.  Also heard the reported Worm-eating warbler (FOY) as well as
a Green Heron and Chimney swifts.
Headed out to Jamaica Bay where I got to see the Glossy Ibisis but not the 
white-faced.  I did find B-C Nightherons and Yellow-crowned night heron next to 
the Ibisis on the east pond.  Also first of year Towhees and Forster's Terns 
for me.
On the west pond I encountered the rest of the herons (Great Egret, Little 
Blue, Great Blue Heron and Tricolored Heron).  Also a very large number of 
cormorants, oystercatchers and a good number of Lesser Yellowlegs.  There were 
at least 40 egrets (snowy and great) all together on the marshes on the western 
shore across the west pond.
 1 Black-and-white warbler, no other warblers.
 


________________________________
 From: Andrew Baksh <[email protected]>
To: nysbirds-l <[email protected]> 
Cc: Nyc ebirds <[email protected]> 
Sent: Sunday, April 21, 2013 9:59 AM
Subject: [nysbirds-l] White-faced Ibis + Sora @ Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge 
Queens County...
 

While working over a flock of 29 Glossy Ibis, I managed to pick out a
WHITE-FACED IBIS. The bird was in the north western corner on the
south end of the East Pond, presenting a very distant and difficult
view.

As luck would have it, while studying the Ibis' a SORA, walked out of
the phragmites and disappeared shortly after; this was in the same
area.

Note:  it is extremely treacherous on the south end of the East Pond,
with many huge holes. The biggest being a sink hole that goes all the
way to the house.

Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to