The American Avocet continues at Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge on the
East Pond.  In addition another highlight were a few Stilt Sandpipers.
 A full report with shorebird numbers will be posted to my blog later
(I promise).

I know it is each individual's preference, but I just want remind
folks that knee high boots are best for shorebirding on the East Pond.
 Sneakers may be comfortable, but there are a lot of soft under water
spots and this is not the kind of mud and water you want to be
sloshing around in.

Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com

On Jul 8, 2013, at 11:15 AM, Andrew Baksh <[email protected]> wrote:

> The bird was first spotted sleeping on the island near the North End,
> but has since then moved south.  This is my first venture onto the
> pond after waiting for water levels (still high), to drop a bit.
>
> I'll have a more detailed report posted on my blogs with a shorebirds
> update.  If you are feeling adventurous and want to come out into the
> pond PLEASE be aware that there are lots of soft spots that I have
> encountered so far.
>
> Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!
>
> Andrew Baksh
> www.birdingdude.blogspot.com

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to