I have seen a few in Stuyvesant, NY this past week. Fairly large ones.
(In the spring I saw many in Stratford, NY)

They are one of my favorite NY birds.



> Subject: Pileateds everywhere
> From: Andrew Block <[email protected]>
> Date: Tue, 13 Aug 2013 06:02:17 -0700
> X-Message-Number: 1
>
> I guess the Pileated Woodpeckers are doing well in the area.  I've been 
> seeing more and more.  I had one in my back yard on Hancock Ave. in Yonkers 
> this am which is about a block north of Van Cortlandt Park and had one flying 
> over Central Ave. at the intersection of Hartsdale Ave. the other day.
>
> Andrew
>
> Andrew v. F. Block
> Consulting Naturalist/Wildlife Biologist
> 20 Hancock Avenue, Apt. 3
> Yonkers, Westchester Co., New York 10705-4629
> Phone: 914-963-3080; Cell: 914-319-9701
>
>
> ---
>
> END OF DIGEST
>

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to