Hi All,
To my knowledge, the Lark Sparrow was not seen today, but Tom Perlman
found a Vesper Sparrow ~10am, just north of the compost area.  Knowing
I was in the park, he emailed me, so I sent out a text alert to
NYNYBIRD then headed over there.  He and I saw the bird again ~10:30
for maybe 30 seconds before it disappeared with a mixed flock of
sparrows.  Hopefully others were able to relocate it.

Also of note were two rather bright Cape Mays seen feeding at
sapsucker wells on the west side of the Great Hill, just west of the
rest rooms.  Cape Mays have been noted in these trees for at least the
past ten days, but this is the first time I've had two bright ones
together.

The full eBird checklist, with instructions on where to look for the
above, as well as a record shot of the Vesper, can be found here:

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S15392364


Good Birding,
Karen Fung
NYC

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to