I vote for Chipping Sparrow in non-breeding plumage - the black eye-line is
very strong unlike in Clay-colored giving it dark lores unlike Clay-colored.

 

John J. Collins
Raritan, NJ
[email protected]
"God desires that all the world be pure in his sight.
The earth should not be injured.
The earth should not be destroyed."  (St. Hildegard of Bingen)
"I will sing to the Lord all my life;
I will sing praise to my God while I live." (Ps. 104:33)  

 

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Andreas
Kanon
Sent: Monday, October 14, 2013 5:01 PM
To: NYSBirds
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Sparrow ID help needed

 

Hi,

 

Had hundreds of migrants stop to drink and bathe in the stream i built over
the summer here in Harriman. However I snapped a few photos of a Sparrow
that I can't really identify.

 

I'm leaning towards Clay-colored but could really use some expert opinions.

 

https://plus.google.com/photos/101790464138367096305/albums/5934717260257134
689

 

 

/Andreas

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME> Welcome and Basics 

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES> Rules and Information 

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave

Archives:

The Mail Archive
<http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html> 

 <http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L> Surfbirds

BirdingOnThe.Net <http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html> 

Please submit your observations to  <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/> eBird!

--


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to