This gets interesting.  About a week ago, I told Eric Miller that I thought
I had an immature Red-headed Woodpecker fly across in front of me exactly
in the location Joseph Sullivan described at Kissena Corridor.  The event
was quick and I could not relocate the bird and so chalked it up to wishful
thinking.

After receiving Eric's message today, I spoke to him and we briefly
discussed whether his bird was the bird I saw or not.  However, since I had
nothing much to work with, it was a no go in comparing notes to Eric's
sighting. Just reading Joseph's e-mail made me wonder.  Two Red-headed
Woodpeckers or one?

I hope we get some photos so we do some photo forensics.  It would be fun
to determine if we have multiple birds or just the one ranging across the
road and back.

Cheers!

Andrew Baksh
Queens, NY
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com


On Thu, Oct 17, 2013 at 3:32 PM, Joseph O'Sullivan
<[email protected]>wrote:

> I also spotted an immature red-headed woodpecker at Kissena Corridor Park
> this morning. It was in the patch of woods along the southern wood-chip
> trail, east of the gardens and west of the sumac patch.
> At the main part of Kissena Park I spotted a immature yellow-bellied
> sapsucker and a Tennessee warbler
> --
> Joseph O'Sullivan, Foraging Survey Project Manager, NYC Audubon
>  --
> *NYSbirds-L List Info:*
> Welcome and Basics <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME>
> Rules and Information <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES>
> Subscribe, Configuration and 
> Leave<http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>
> *Archives:*
> The Mail 
> Archive<http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html>
> Surfbirds <http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L>
> BirdingOnThe.Net <http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html>
> *Please submit your observations to **eBird*<http://ebird.org/content/ebird/>
> *!*
> --
>

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to