I arrived on the parade ground at approximately at 7:10 this morning to
scout for my NYC Audubon Van Cortlandt Park bird walk. Shortly after my
arrival I spotted the Lesser Canada Goose that first appeared in Inwood
Hill Park.  Next, I was able to locate the continuing Cackling Goose first
found by Debbie Becker and later reported by Andrew Baksch. I last saw it
flying east in a small, breakaway flock of local geese at approximately
11:15 a.m.. Hopefully, it did not fly away too far and will stick around
long enough for others to enjoy it.
To add to Andrew's earlier post, other notable sightings enjoyed by this
morning's group included a flyover flock of 20 - 30 Pine Siskins, flyover
Eastern Bluebird, Rusty Blackbird, and a presumed Branta/Anser hybrid.
 Below is my complete e-bird checklist from today's walk.

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S15625941

Happy birding.

Nadir Souirgi

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to