Resisting the urge to join the search party in Brooklyn.  This
morning, I dropped in for a bit on the East Pond at Jamaica Bay
Wildlife Refuge in Queens.

Highlights included:

EURASIAN WIGEON - the drake continues, although quite elusive having
not seen it since the day I first spotted it.  Even today, it
disappeared once I got a digiscoped documentation shot.

RED KNOT (1), WHITE-RUMPED SANDPIPER (1) and SEMIPALMATED SANDPIPER
(1).  Good number of Dunlins are still passing through with 420 today.

The flock of Snow Geese has doubled to about 800 and I managed to scan
them thoroughly with no disturbance.   No Ross's but I did enjoy looks
at 6 Blue Morphs, 16 juveniles and 4 banded with neck collars.

Other usual waterfowl numbers remain steady with the only noticeable
jump in Green-winged Teal, tallied at 410.

Cheers From The Bay!

"Don't start none, won't be none" - Nasir bin Olu Dara Jones

Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to