This morning I decided to try my luck at Belmont Lake State Park, looking for either Cackling or Barnacle goose. After searching very hard through the geese I could not produce either species. Best duck though were two Common Mergansers. I did see my first of year Golden-crowned Kinglet.
Then I headed to Shinnecock inlet thanks to Mr. Baksh's positive results from yesterday (thanks!). I saw the Glaucus Gull right away and it put on a show for the visiting Pittsburgh bird club members who saw it right away as well. After searching the western jetty we saw an Iceland Gull. A thankyou to Mr. Chris Walters for helping me with the ID. They let me tag along for a while searching Dune Road for bittern, non there Then we headed off to Riverhead in search for Pink footed goose and Yellow-headed Black Bird, also a no on both counts. I headed off to Hook Pond and was able to find the two Tundra swans and at Lazy point the Lesser Black Backed was an easy find. César -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
