About 3:45 this afternoon I had a THICK-BILLED MURRE fly by as I stood at the 
base of Veteran's Memorial Pier, my last stop of a Brooklyn birding day that 
started just after sunrise. I will post a link to the 4 shots I got (don't 
expect too much) once I have a chance to upload them.  

I heard second hand after seeing this bird that a TBMU found on a boat was 
released near the Bayonne/Jersey City border earlier in the day so this could 
quite possibly be the same bird.

Days other highlights were few:

59 COMMON GOLDENEYE in Rockaway Inlet
9 RED-NECKED GREBE (3 Floyd Bennett, 1 off Riis Landing, 2 Breezy Point, 2 @ 
58th Street Pier,  1 in Gravesend Bay)
~2250 LONG-TAILED DUCK off Breezy Point
71 COMMON LOON 
84 HORNED GREBE
22 BLACK SCOTER off Breezy
8 WHITE-WINGED SCOTER off Breezy

Regards,
Shane Blodgett
Brooklyn NY


Sent from my iPhone
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to