Hi Everyone,

This morning I missed my LIRR train by one minute so rather than stand on the 
platform I decided to walk into the preserve for a little while.  At the pond 
by Brady Park, I saw 15+ drake Common Mergansers and at least 5 females.  I'm 
sure there were more females but I didn't have my binoculars.  Also present 
were coots, pied billed grebes, a few great blue herons, gadwall and mallards.  
Usually this pond doesn't have great diversity of waterfowl  as the other 
ponds, but once in a while will have some surprises.  Cardinals and Redwinged  
Blackbirds were singing along the water's edge.

Good birding,
Rob in Massapequa
http://longislandbirding.blogspot.com/

This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions 
including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and 
completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and 
legal entity disclaimers, available at 
http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.  

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to