Yesterday, while birding the Pine Island area, I managed to find 4 Snowy Owls,
with a probable fifth.
Goose numbers have increased 10 fold in the past few days and while sifting
through the flock on Onion Ave., I located 6 Greater White fronted Geese, which
I was able to share with Matt Zeitler. Matt was also able to join me on 2
Snowies.
If you are in the area, check the geese. I am no longer seeing NJ posts for
their Barnacle Goose. Could be any time now for that bird or a Pink footed and
Snows with the possibility of Ross's, should be showing up before the end of
the week.
I finished the day with a Screech Owl calling at home, just before midnight.
Good Birding, Curt McDermott
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--