Hi Everyone,

I stopped at Massapequa Preserve before work this morning and although it was 
very "birdy" I didn't see any new migrants.  Cardinals, Robins, Red Winged 
Blackbirds, Grackles were all over as well as Downy Woodpeckers  - a Carolina 
Wren put on a show singing for the sunrise and a pair of Red Bellied 
Woodpeckers put on their own kind of show.  There's a nesting pair of Mute 
Swans on the smaller pond.

***I only saw the red morph Screech Owl for the last few weeks - can someone 
please message me if they see the grey one?  A few local birders and myself are 
concerned if something happened to it.  (not assuming the worst yet)

During my break, I walked over to Bryant Park with my friend and local NYC 
birder Mike (has a thing for Juncos and Grackles) - we just saw Song and White 
Throated Sparrows - we talked to another birder who also noted it was slow, but 
mentioned he saw Hermit Thrush and a Swamp Sparrow earlier.

Good birding,
Rob in Massapequa (currently in NYC)
http://longislandbirding.blogspot.com/




This email is confidential and subject to important disclaimers and conditions 
including on offers for the purchase or sale of securities, accuracy and 
completeness of information, viruses, confidentiality, legal privilege, and 
legal entity disclaimers, available at 
http://www.jpmorgan.com/pages/disclosures/email.  

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to