I don't want to complain, but the listserve rules require using bird names
rather than 4-letter banding codes. I understand this rule isn't
scrupulously followed, but if you're so inclined pls. get the codes right.
Prairie warbler is PRAW, not PAWR, and Louisiana Waterthrush is LOWA, not
LOWT.

 

Nice sighting all the same.

 

Good birding,

Rick

 

Preceding  posts:

 

Louisiana Waterthrush is a great bird for Suffolk County! I believe Pat
Lindsay found this bird early this morning, but missed the PROW, which
didn't perk up until around 10:00. I saw the latter in the early afternoon,
but missed the LOWA. In 18 years of birding Long Island, I've only seen two
Louisiana Waterthrushes in Suffolk County, compared to 10 Prothos.

 

Shai Mitra

Bay Shore

________________________________________

From: [email protected]
[[email protected]] on behalf of Phil Uruburu
[[email protected]]

Sent: Friday, April 25, 2014 4:44 PM

To: [email protected]

Subject: [nysbirds-l] LOWT at Fuchs Pond

 

Return visit today to get photos of PRWA, while photographing, a LOWT flew
in and landed 10 feet away at water edge, good looks by myself and Bob and
Colleen from Queens, bird flew off to center of pond brush at 2:50pm.

Phil Uruburu

 

Sent from my iPhone

 


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to