Correction about Muttontown Red-headed Woodpecker: this bird was not a new
discovery, it was the same bird that has been around and is still being
seen behind the Nature Center. Another birder I bumped into luckily had it
so we watched it together for around 15 minutes.

Good Birding,

Avery Scott


On Sat, Apr 26, 2014 at 8:17 PM, Avery Scott (SkyOfBirds) <
[email protected]> wrote:

> I visited Muttontown Preserve today. I found a RED-HEADED WOODPECKER just
> behind the Nature center. I watched it for about 15 minutes, working the
> trees and sometimes flying. It also called a bit.
>
> I also made a stop at Tappen Beach. Both OSPREYS were on their nest, and
> both PEREGRINE FALCONS were near theirs; one had a pigeon and was devouring
> it. Thirty-nine BRANT were down near the water. Otherwise, that was it. the
> Red-head was definitely the best find.
>
> --
> *Yours, *
> *   Avery*
>
> "The assumption that animals are without rights, and the illusion that our
> treatment of them has no moral significance, is a positively outrageous
> example of Western crudity and barbarity. Universal compassion in the only
> guarantee of morality.”
>
> --Arthur Shopenhauer
>

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to