Hey again!

The crew and I stumbled upon another (or the same) Red-necked Phalarope at 
approximately 10:45 today, attempting to feed through the crashing surf just 
20-30 feet off the beach at Cupsogue. I did not get a good enough look to 
determine the sex of the earlier bird, but this one was clearly a female. The 
area of beach that we found it at was just west of where the grassy dunes 
become more like sandy rows of snow fencing. After completing our surveying in 
the park, I walked east along the beach back to the parking lot from slightly 
west of where we saw the Phalarope an hour before, but I didn't have any luck. 
Luckily this time I was able to obtain a photo: 

https://flic.kr/p/nmh9LW

Additionally, there was at least one White-rumped Sandpiper roosting with a 
good sized flock of Semipalmated Plovers, Semipalmated Sandpipers, and 
Sanderling amongst the rocks on the bay side of the park. Numbers of 
Semipalmated Sandpipers are certainly on the rise.

Justin LeClaire

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to