Sorry for my late post, my phone was stolen last week. Work is currently the 
only place that I have internet access at the moment- I birded Inwood Hill Park 
from 5:30 to 7:30 this morning and while not exceptionally birdy, this location 
hosted some notable migrants. The most exciting find for me, and also a lifer, 
was a singing Bicknell's Thrush. He was located at the very beginning of the 
ridge trail. Take the main path into the forest by way of the "Clove" up to the 
top of the ridge, then make your immediate right. Start listening. He seemed to 
favor the right side of the path walking north. While I never saw him, he sang 
clearly several times over the course of the 7 - 10 minutes that I stood there 
listening, mouth agape. While I'm not familiar with Bicknell's song habits, 
there is a chance he will sing again as there is still a good amount of cloud 
cover and people tend to avoid the forest when it's so muggy out. Familiarity 
with the song is key, and if you need to refresh your memory while searching, I 
highly recommend using headphones and avoid inadvertently "taping" him out. 
Also present was a male Mourning Warbler that that gave good looks while 
actively feeding in the tangled brushy area on the north side of the Overlook 
at the top of the hill. Though quite vocal, he repeatedly sang only the first 
three notes of his song. Just nearby, in the High Meadow were Alder Flycatcher, 
Least Flycatcher, and Tennessee Warbler as well . Below is a link to my 
complete eBird checklist.

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist?subID=S18521719

Good luck if you go,

Nadir Souirgi


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to