Hi Everyone,

Sorry for the late report - I was at Massapequa Preserve yesterday from
4:30-7:30pm, walked from Sunrise Highway North to about Jerusalem Ave.
Catbirds...everywhere.  Besides that, there were about 8 Common Terns at
the lake by Brady Park...usually the preserve will have one or two on each
lake during the summer.  Also by Brady Park, a Warbling Vireo was defending
it's nest from anything that got near...mostly Red Winged Blackbirds and
Grackles.  There's a resident mix of domestic ducks on the lake if anyone
wants to see something "whimsical" -  one red-brown Muscovy and some
domesic Mallards/ possible hybrids.

The rest of the preserve was uneventful except the west path...heard a
singing Wood Thrush (self explanatory), saw a Great Crested Flycatcher and
a small Flycatcher which I'm still trying to  positively ID...right now I
believe it was a Yellow Bellied.  Only warbler I saw were Yellow, which are
numerous at the preserve.  Note: mosquitoes were awful on the smaller paths
- might consider bug repellent if you go.

Good birding,
Rob in Massapequa
http://longislandbirding.blogspot.com/

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to