Re: Doodletown:  A yard-long Timber Rattlesnake was seen by both the AE
Mearns Bird Club and the Linnaean Society of NYC on Saturday in late
morning.  It was on the edge of the walking path to Herbert Cemetery. We
also saw 19 species of warblers, Kentucky was a good one and a total of 71
species at Doodletown and Iona Island.  Good Birding!  Claudia Perretti

 

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Robert Lewis
Sent: Sunday, May 25, 2014 8:30 PM
To: NYSBirds
Subject: Re:[nysbirds-l] Rattlesnake at Doodletown

 

 

Doodletown Road is a famous birding spot in northern Rockland County.

 

I was there around 5:00 pm and ran into a rattlesnake just along the main
path.  I and two other people heard its "rattle", which was more like a
buzz.  This was about 75% of the way up to the top, just past the sign for
"Gray House."

 

I took a video, which I may be able to upload soon.  

 

Beware.  

 

Bob Lewis

Sleepy Hollow NY

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME> Welcome and Basics 

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES> Rules and Information 

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm>
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave

Archives:

The Mail Archive
<http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html> 

 <http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L> Surfbirds

BirdingOnThe.Net <http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html> 

Please submit your observations to  <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/> eBird!

--


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to