Yesterday while birding along Dune Rd, Suffolk Co. I saw and heard a Willow 
Flycatcher singing from atop a Phragmites reed. At one point it gave a rapid 
succession of "Fitz-bews", except with one very clear and distinct "Free- BEEE- 
ooo" stuck right in the middle. 

I hear Willows very fequently and Alders occasionally , and I have no doubt 
that if I had heard that single song in the Adirondacks I would have easily 
assumed it was an Alder. 

The bird was on the westernmost of the two roads that extend into the marsh- 
west of the osprey platform and clamshell pile- marked ambiguously as Triton 
Lane. 

Elsewhere a single Wilson's Storm Petrel spent a few minutes well inside the 
inlet at Shinnecock, but moved out as the fog lifted. Last Friday a group of 
about 30 were off the end of the west jetty. 

Mike Cooper
Ridge LI NY


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to