Chill out Kevin many of us upstate types enjoy the downstate reports If phone deletion in too onerous try a laptop Gerry Smith

-----Original Message----- From: Isaac Grant
Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2014 7:12 PM
Cc: NYSBIRDS-L
Subject: Re: [nysbirds-l] enough avocets?

Many of us use these reports and appreciate the updates. I took time off yesterday to chase the Avocet after getting one of these updates.

And while were at it, I know I would love more info about what's going on upstate. But since very few people actually report to the list from north of Rockland County the state list has become more of a NYC/Long Island list plus a report from the Adirondacks plus when something rare shows at Niagra or near Buffalo. It's a big state and 99% of it is unreported on this list.

Ebirdsnyc is no good and used more to report feeder birds. Seems most of the upstate birders report to regional lists.

What's the solution? maybe a region 10 list? But I doubt that will ever be widely used.

Isaac Grant
Senior Loan Officer

On Jul 31, 2014, at 4:48 PM, "Kevin J. McGowan" <[email protected]> wrote:

Can the City folks calm down the avocet chatter? I don't think these posts are of much interest to most people on this STATEWIDE listserv.

Not trying to be mean, just tired of deleting NYC-only messages on my phone.

Keep birding,

Kevin

Kevin McGowan
Ithaca, NY

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to