Someone mentioned to me today that I was overdue for something new on my web 
site (although I have been working on moth content, with two new underwing 
species for Jamaica Bay recently). As for birds, I needed something to work 
with. This Avocet will do. I posted a picture at 
http://www.stevewalternature.com/ , for anyone interested (I understand Avocets 
are not for everyone).

 

What else, as long as I’m wasting space on the list? A WESTERN SANPIPER here 
and there, among the gazillions of Semis. Maybe not quite that many, but it 
seemed like that was the only shorebird species south of the island. STILT and 
PECTORAL SANDPIPERS were 2 each, at least.

 

Steve Walter

Bayside, NY

 

From: [email protected] 
[mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of Andrew Baksh
Sent: Saturday, August 02, 2014 9:59 AM
To: nysbirds-l
Cc: Nyc ebirds
Subject: [nysbirds-l] Avocet continues on the East Pond @ JBWR

 

The AMERICAN AVOCET on the East

Pond at Jamaica Bay Wildlife Refuge continues.  One STILT and PECTORAL 
SANDPIPER are the other notables thus far.

 

Shorebirding in the rain try it you might like it.

 

 

 

 

風 Swift as the wind

林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain

 <http://refspace.com/quotes/Sun_Tzu> Sun Tzu   
<http://refspace.com/quotes/The_Art_of_War> The Art of War

 

(\__/)
(= '.'=)                                            

(") _ (")                                     

Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device! 

 

Andrew Baksh

www.birdingdude.blogspot.com

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME> Welcome and Basics 

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES> Rules and Information 

 <http://www.northeastbirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm> 
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave

Archives:

The Mail Archive 
<http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html> 

 <http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L> Surfbirds

BirdingOnThe.Net <http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html> 

Please submit your observations to  <http://ebird.org/content/ebird/> eBird!

--


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to