Birds were obviously on the move today.

I was able to see both the young male King Eider and Whimbrel this morning
at Plumb Beach. For those not familiar with the location it is located
along the Belt Parkway just west of Flatbush Avenue.
I spent the middle of the day searching Gravesend Bay following a report of
a probably Brown Booby flying west off Ft. Tilden in Queens. I did not
locate any Sulids, but even at the mid day hour there was visible migration
in effect with 5 Baltimore Orioles, 2 Ruby-throated Hummingbirds, and a
Louisiana Waterthrush all moving west through Coney Island Creek Park.
Scoping the pilings across the creek a Lesser Black-backed Gull was resting
with Herring Gulls.
While running errands after birding I had a "yellow bellied" Kingbird fly
over me near 6th Ave and 64th Street in Bay Ridge. The bird was heading SE
just over the treetops. Unfortunately, no bins and no camera so this one
will remain nameless.

Good birding,

Sean

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to