While I was off stalking the Glossy Ibis, Betsy went to the nearby park to
look for warblers.  She dipped on the warblers but came up with a EURASIAN
COLLARED-DOVE instead.  She first heard it singing, followed the sound, then
found it on a wire.  Unfortunately, it flew before she could snap a photo.
The location was near the bathrooms at the northeast corner of the park,
near the boat launch into Wilson Harbor.  After dinner this evening, I went
with her to look for it but we were unable to find it.  I would like to
think it is still around, and I will likely try again in the morning, but
the location so near the lake suggests that it is a bird on the move.

 

Good birding!

Willie

------------------

Willie D'Anna

Betsy Potter

Wilson, NY

dannapotterATroadrunner.com

http://www.betsypottersart.com <http://www.betsypottersart.com/> 

2013 Big Year: http://www.betsypottersart.com/willie-s-photos/2013-big-year/

Big Year List:
http://www.happtech.com/BigYearDanna/CurrentList/ShowCurrentListTable.aspx

Odenates: http://www.betsypottersart.com/willie-s-photos/dragonflies

 


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to