The Townsend's Solitaire was present and well viewed this morning. 

Drew Weber
Syracuse, NY
[email protected]
484.269.6009

> On Nov 30, 2014, at 12:49 PM, Brian White [email protected] [oneidabirds] 
> <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> Hi everyone,
> 
> Saturday 29 Nov at around 1520 I had brief & distant view of bird I am 95% 
> sure was the solitaire, but it flew before I got to 100%.
> This morning around 1030 I saw the bird again for a positive ID. I tried to 
> get photos - without much luck. 
> 
> If anyone wants to search for it, I suggest the following:
> 
> The bird seems to favour the trees scattered around our small marsh
> The marsh area is best viewed from the Marshview Tr at 42.87870; -75.80421
> I suggest that one park in the road near mailbox # 3375 on Irish Hill Road in 
> Erieville. Then walk up the driveway opposite the mailbox & you will find the 
> marsh area on the left about 50 metres up the driveway. Marshview Tr sign on 
> a nestbox post.
> There is a dead white ash tree at the north side of the marsh & adjacent to 
> the driveway that the bird appears to like to perch on.
> I'm sorry to say that there is no way to guarantee seeing the bird, as it 
> comes & goes.
> It is now 8 days since our original sighting so it does seem to like the 
> area. 
> I have no idea what it is finding to eat. There are extensive forests of 
> mixed deciduous & coniferous trees in the area as well as more open meadows. 
> I know of no juniper trees, however.
> This is a private sanctuary, so please respect the area's habitats, people & 
> wildlife.
> Please stay on the marked trails. Thanks.
> 
> Good birding,
> 
> Brian 
> __._,_.___
> Posted by: Brian White <[email protected]>
> Reply via web post    •       Reply to sender •       Reply to group  •       
> Start a New Topic       •       Messages in this topic (1)
> VISIT YOUR GROUP New Members 2
> • Privacy • Unsubscribe • Terms of Use 
> .
>  
> 
> __,_._,___

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to