Along the back roads on the Lake Ontario plain this morning, lots of
Dark-eyed Juncos, and American Tree Sparrows were coming to the road
shoulders.  On West Somerset Road in the Town of Newfane, there was also one
SAVANNAH SPARROW and six WHITE-CROWNED SPARROWS.  On Hess Road a little
south of Rt 18, in the alders that line the road, I had a group of 30 PINE
SISKINS.  While there have been decent numbers of Common Redpolls along much
of Lake Ontario, they have been very scarce on the NY side - I'm still
looking for my first since the winter of 2012-13.  Also, scarce on the lake
plain in Niagara County this late fall are Cedar Waxwings.  I have not seen
any on the lake plain in the last month.  Today I checked out some orchards
that are known hotspots for the species at this time of the year but still
had no luck.

 

Good birding!

Willie

------------------

Willie D'Anna

Betsy Potter

Wilson, NY

dannapotterATroadrunner.com

http://www.betsypottersart.com <http://www.betsypottersart.com/> 

2013 Big Year: http://www.betsypottersart.com/willie-s-photos/2013-big-year/

Big Year List:
http://www.happtech.com/BigYearDanna/CurrentList/ShowCurrentListTable.aspx

Odenates: http://www.betsypottersart.com/willie-s-photos/dragonflies

 


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to