As I started out for Dune Rd. (Quogue  to H. Bays) a Turkey Vulture flew
over before I even left  our Condo area - this caused expectations to rise
above final results !

 Dune Rd. was not an easy drive this afternoon, due to flooding, as well as
high snow ruts, which should be navigated by a higher vehicle than my
sedan. Today's target bird was a Snowy Owl - I haven't  seen one yet this
winter, and was hoping the recent weather might help. If the owl was there,
I didn't see it, along with many other expected species, before reaching
Shinnicock Inlet. Once there, On the ocean side, just w/o the west jetty,
were ~ 100 C.Eider, along with a handful of Surf & Black Scoters. On the
bay side, looking out from the n/s of the lower parking lot, there were ~
200 C.Eiders, plus the remaining, drake K.Eider. Both times I've seen this
bird, it has favored the left (west) end of the strung out  line of
commons.

I then stopped at the Calverton Grasslands on the way home, with ~ 15
minutes to look for the Short-eared Owls, before running out of light.
Again, if they were there, I didn't see them !

Cheers,
Bob

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to