Alan/Larry/All,

 

Based on the behaviors that I've been observing, it appears that the Red
Crossbills are already nesting.  Last winter, when we had huge numbers of
Red Crossbills nesting from Long Lake to Minerva, I began to see juveniles
by the 3rd week of February and continued to see them into April.  So keep
an eye out for juvenile Red Crossbills this coming month!

 

Redpoll numbers are quickly escalating at our Long Lake feeders too!  Pine
Siskin numbers are increasing also.

 

Joan Collins

Editor, New York Birders

Long Lake, NY

(315) 244-7127 cell       

(518) 624-5528 home

http://www.adirondackavianexpeditions.com/ 

http://www.facebook.com/AdirondackAvian

 

From: [email protected]
[mailto:[email protected]] 
Sent: Friday, January 30, 2015 1:42 PM
To: NNY Birds
Subject: RE: NNYBirds: pine siskin

 

  

Will do. Thanks Larry. I heard at least one Red Crossbill singing so
hopefully they will stick around and nest in the area.

  _____  

To: [email protected]
From: [email protected]
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2015 14:15:36 -0500
Subject: RE: NNYBirds: pine siskin

  

 

Thanks.  Let me know if you find crossbills consistently feeding in one spot
as I'd like to get some images and recordings.  Siskin now seems to be
regular with the 200+ redpolls at my feeders.

 

Larry

518-645-1545_._,___


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to