Hi Folks,
As in years past Missionland Road in Pine Island has risen to the position of "most reliable place" for LAPLAND LONGSPURS over the last two days. Yesterday I had a message from Rob Stone in the early afternoon that there was a large collection there. When I got out to there about 3:20pm I was able to find them all hanging around together and I had NINETEEN of them - - - - - the biggest number of this winter visitor that I have ever had in the area. Several were coming into breeding plumage.
Having passed the word on I was pleased to hear from Bill Fiero that he was out there today and he had about a dozen. Joe Cullen got out there in mid-afternoon and was able to enjoy three of the Longspurs.
If the weather stays reabarsonable, NOW is the time to be SLOWLY driving Missionland Road for its' rewards.
Good luck and GOOD BIRDING,
Ken McDermott
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
Archives:
Please submit your observations to eBird!
--
