I checked out the northeastern and northwestern corners of Niagara and
Orleans Counties, respectively, today. Most surprising were the number of
RED-NECKED GREBES - 12 at Olcott, 88 at Barker Bicentennial Park, and 25 at
Shadigee. I see that David Pryor had a count of 32 in Toronto on March 8th
so I suspect that a number of the birds I saw arrived around that time - a
week ago. I saw my first CACKLING GEESE for this area this year - 3 at the
north end of Hartland Rd, 1 off of Barker Bicentennial Park, and 6 on
Niagara-Orleans Countyline Rd. The hawks weren't flying with the overcast
and light wind, just a few Turkey Vultures. As always, it was nice to see
the newly arrived ducks in the wet fields - NORTHERN SHOVELER, WOOD DUCKS,
AMERICAN WIGEON, NORTHERN PINTAILS, and REDHEADS are what I had. Just 5
TUNDRA SWANS - Countyline Rd and Hartland Rd. I only had about 10,000 CANADA
GEESE so many more should be arriving shortly. The biggest concentrations
were along Countyline Rd and at a few spots on Lake Ontario.

 

Enjoy the spring!

Willie

------------------

Willie D'Anna

Betsy Potter

Wilson, NY

dannapotterATroadrunner.com

http://www.betsypottersart.com <http://www.betsypottersart.com/> 

2013 Big Year: http://www.betsypottersart.com/willie-s-photos/2013-big-year/

Big Year List:
http://www.happtech.com/BigYearDanna/CurrentList/ShowCurrentListTable.aspx

Odenates: http://www.betsypottersart.com/willie-s-photos/dragonflies

 


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to