Greetings NY Birders,
        I’m working on revising the range map for Ospreys for the Birds of 
North America project. I’ve found that checking in to state birding listservs 
has been a productive way of gathering information for the project. 
        Based on information from the state, my working map for NY has a 
breeding range from the Adirondacks down to the Finger Lakes, another in the 
west in Chautaugua and Cattaraugus Cos., another cluster in Sullivan Co., and 
finally just the very lowermost reaches of the Hudson Valley, and, of course, 
all of Long Island.
        Given how much Ospreys have expanded their range in the past decade, I 
thought some of you might be aware of new pairs in the state. I was a little 
surprised not to see any records up the Hudson Valley.
        Please let me know if you are aware of breeding pairs outside the areas 
described above. If you’d like, contact me off the list and I can send you a 
copy of my current version of the map.

Many thanks,

Rob Bierregaard
421 Cotswold Ln
Wynnewood, PA 19096
[email protected]
http://www.ospreytrax.com/
704 516 4615 (c)




--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to