I found myself again on the East Pond this AM but a little late than I would 
have liked. Nothing much in terms of shorebirds and I could not re-find the 
Stilt Sandpiper from yesterday. Overall, it appeared we lost a few shorebirds 
to migration and did not gain any.

Notable birds today from the pond and surrounding area include: Ruddy Ducks, 
Belted Kingfisher (female), Northern Flicker, Wood Ducks (male and female 
tucked into the phragmites), Gull-billed Tern (flyover), Royal Tern (flyover) 
and a banded Double-crested Cormorant. I was very pleased to be able to read 
the band code - making it a 1st readable banded DCCO for me on the pond.

The overnight rainfall raised the water level on the pond a tad but it remains 
in excellent shape. This is exactly the reason why getting a head start with 
the drainage is critical in staying ahead of any adverse weather conditions.

Cheers,
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of 
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick 
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu  The Art of War

> (\__/)
> (= '.'=)                                            
> (") _ (")                                     
> Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device! 

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to