The Short-billed Dowitcher number cracked the century mark on Thursday, nearing
200 based on my count from early that morning.
In a surprise, Mute Swans were down to 74 (yeah, I know you are alldying to
know this data). No sign of the ringed Double-crested Cormorants or the Glossy
Ibis but I have obtained the data. Wednesday evening, Susan Elbin of New York
City Audubon, and I exchanged messages regarding the banded trio.
Susan, confirmed they were all banded by her team. The two Double-crested
Cormorants are 1st year birds. More excitingly was the data on the Glossy
Ibis. This was a bird that was ringed back in 2010 at a site that no longer
exists. It was neat getting the data back so quickly and learning they were
processed locally.
Other than the uptick in Short-billed Dowitchers, there was nothing new on the
shorebird front. I did notice an increase in Snowy Egrets and a Great Blue
Heron count resulted in 17. Otherwise, the usual species hold steady on the
East Pond.
I did look for Brown Pelicans but alas I could not conjure up any. I am sure
one is going to show up somewhere nearby.
Cheers,
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass
風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu The Art of War
> (__/)
> (= '.'=)
> (") _ (")
> Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!
Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--