There was definitely shorebird movement last night as evident by the numbers on 
the pond this morning. They were led by Semipalmated Sandpipers which I 
conservatively estimated at around 600. Least Sandpipers, came in second in 
terms of numbers and helped in the big jump for the overall shorebird total 
which is getting close to 1,000 birds. In all a total of 12 species of 
shorebirds.

Shorebird highlights include the continuing 
STILT and the/a WESTERN SANDPIPER. A PECTORAL SANDPIPER sighting was reported 
by Corey Finger, who was birding with Seth Asubel and Tom Preston. I later 
caught up with this bird.

The non shorebirding highlight for me was the 111 Snowy Egrets I counted. No 
sign (at least for me) of yesterday's White-faced Ibis.

Cheers,

--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of 
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick 
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu  The Art of War

> (__/)
> (= '.'=)                                            
> (") _ (")                                     
> Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device! 

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to