Anticipating today's rainy weather, I began an all day gulling run, starting 
early in Brooklyn at Floyd Bennett Field. Nothing outside of the usual Herring, 
Great Black-backed, Ringed-billed and a handful of Laughing Gulls were 
observed, mostly congregating in the Aviator parking lot. Besides the Gulls, 
the only other notable birds in the lot were 9 Black-bellied Plovers and 4 RED 
KNOTS.

Crossing the Marine Parkway bridge into Queens. I first checked the Gulls at 
Fort Tilden and then sorted through the Gullage at Riis Park. It was at Riis 
that I found the only Lesser Black-backed Gull of the day. A fourth cycle bird 
that provided great views in the steady rains.

Leaving Queens, I Gulled all along the barrier beaches on the Island of Long. 
None of the known Gull "hot spots" yielded anything of note. By the time I made 
it back west finishing at Point Lookout, the rain had stopped and many of the 
Gulls had pulled out from the parking lots.

Note: Today's field exploration was focused solely on Gulls. I spent no time 
looking for previously reported land birds in any of the counties covered.

Cheers,

--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of 
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick 
Douglass

風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu  The Art of War

> (__/)
> (= '.'=)                                            
> (") _ (")                                     
> Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device! 

Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to