I was first at my polling place and finished by 6:01 -- a line was forming.  To 
try and calm the anxiety after coffee at The Black Cow (decaf today) of what 
may be a historic day I headed to Croton Point Park. There were season firsts 
of red throated loon on the river by the rocks just off shore and just north of 
the gazebo and also first buffleheads -- not sure if these black and white 
feathered birds are an omen of something.  Other sightings of note kingfisher, 
large pipit flock moving around, perched merlin and two osprey -- which ebird 
shows as "rare" for this late date. 

I leave you with this which was spray painted on a building on one of those 
windy "streets" in Sevilla where I visited last month:  "Ser antifascista es lo 
normal". 

L. Trachtenberg
Ossining

Sent from my iPhone
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to