Nice find Sean. Indeed this is St. Paul's Chapel. There is also a chat at 
Trinity a few blocks south of St. Paul's. 

Also, this past Saturday a Chat was seen on the west side of the island in 
Teardrop Park by another birder. This is part of Battery Park City. Possibly a 
third chat?

http://ebird.org/ebird/view/checklist/S32376410

Ben Cacace
Manhattan, NYC

> On Nov 8, 2016, at 2:18 PM, Sean Sime <[email protected]> wrote:
> 
> After reading Ben's post this morning and knowing I'd be in downtown NYC I 
> stopped by what I thought was Trinity Church, but is in fact St. Paul's 
> Cathedral at Broadway and Fulton St.
> The chat I photographed was in plantings on the east side of Broadway just 
> north of Ann St. There is a small turnaround with two Holly Trees in it. The 
> chat would use this area as well as feeding on small shrubs with purple 
> berries just south of that.
> 
> I was in contact with Shane Blodgett who I directed to the chat I was viewing 
> and after he located it he walked down to the real Trinity Church at Wall 
> Street and spoke to birders who had just seen a chat there as well.
> 
> Seems possible there are two chats at two churches downtown.
> 
> Good birding,
> 
> Sean Sime
> Brooklyn, NY
> 
> 
> --
> NYSbirds-L List Info:
> Welcome and Basics
> Rules and Information
> Subscribe, Configuration and Leave
> Archives:
> The Mail Archive
> Surfbirds
> BirdingOnThe.Net
> Please submit your observations to eBird!
> --

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birdingonthe.net/mailinglists/NYSB.html

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to