The gate was up so I drove out to Teller's Point at first light; the large 
Canvasback raft is visible in the bay. It was a beautiful first  morning of 
winter with the alpenglow (even if not the correct word, I like it) hitting the 
Palisades; very calm at the confluence of the Hudson River and Croton Bay, you 
could feel the silence. A decent number of other ducks, nothing unusual that I 
could pick out but a scope would certainly help. 

I saw an ebird report this a.m. with photo posted on 12/20 of a Northern Shrike 
seen 12/19 at an Onatru Town Park appears to be in Pound Ridge near CT border. 
In my very limited experience with that bird in Westchester (2x lifetime) seems 
to be one and done; but if you try and have any luck (or not) would appreciate 
a timely heads-up posted here. 

Happy winter

L. Trachtenberg
Ossining

Sent from my iPhone


Sent from my iPhone
--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--


Reply via email to