Hi Everyone,

 

Jack Delehanty called to let me know that the Ross’s Gull was back in front
of his house for ½ hour mid-morning.  It also continues to occasionally
bathe in the water near the culvert under the road just down the hill past
his house.

 

Today, I ran into someone that used to work at the Wild Center (natural
history museum of the Adirondacks located in Tupper Lake) and she mentioned
that they feed the Otters Trout – and that they have a lot of fish eggs.  I
gave this information to Jack Delehanty also.  It would be great if the Wild
Center could donate the fish eggs for the Ross’s Gull for the length of its
visit.

 

We are going into a cold snap and the rivers and open channels will likely
start to freeze over (it is unusual for them to be open at all at this time
of year, but our winters are rapidly warming and unpredictable…).  I don’t
know how this may affect the Ross’s Gull and its movements.

 

Barry Blust – Jack Delehanty has your eyepiece!  (I’ll send you his contact
info.)

 

Joan Collins

President, NYS Ornithological Association

Editor, New York Birders

Long Lake, NY

(315) 244-7127 cell       

(518) 624-5528 home

http://www.adirondackavianexpeditions.com/  

http://www.facebook.com/AdirondackAvian

 

 


--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to