New Yard Bird Follow-up

Many birders got a kick out of my little story. But, there's a bit of 
background behind it. Sam Jannazzo has been telling our local birders that I 
have Pterodactyls on my life list based on the fact that I started birding long 
before many of them were born. So besides the April fool, it's an inside joke.

I'm glad those who responded enjoyed it. And thanks for the kind words. 




Sy Schiff



  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: syschiff 
  To: NYSBIRDS_L 
  Sent: Saturday, April 01, 2017 8:41 AM
  Subject: Yard Bird


   New Yard Bird: April 1

  Many of my friends have berated me because I have birds on my Life List that 
they can no longer get. Well the joke is on them, because this morning a 
PINK-STRIPED LESSER PTERODACTYL swooped down, took a squirrel, flew into a 
tree, swallowed it whole before it flew off to the East.

  Although not considered a bird by many, some experts group this family of 
flying reptiles just after the Grebes which is where I count it. I am reviewing 
some poor pictures taken.




  Sy Schiff




--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to