Following my early encounter with a drake and hen Eurasian Wigeons at Brooklyn
Army Terminal Pier 4.
I continued working a few more spots all in Brooklyn. The following are
highlights.
7 Purple Sandpipers - Gravesend Bay (Middle Parking Lot). Not many Gulls around
due to increased foot traffic in the area. The Purple Sandpipers are always a
treat to observe.
Taking a break from enjoying those birds, I scoped out 2 RED-NECKED GREBES.
Also of note in the same area was an Osprey which came in off the water.
At Dreier Offerman Park, the highlights were 2 LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULLS, 1
LAUGHING GULL, 1 Merlin, 4 Eastern Phoebes, 1 Great Egret, 15 Golden-crowned
Kinglets, 2 Palm Warblers and 13 Killdeers.
At Coney Island Creek, the highlights were several breeding plumage Horned
Grebes, 1 LESSER BLACK-BACKED GULL and 1 ICELAND GULL (looked a bit bleached
out)
Lots of Northern Flicker on the move in several of the spots I covered.
Cheers,
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass
風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu The Art of War
> (\__/)
> (= '.'=)
> (") _ (")
> Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!
Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--