On my way to the Aquebogue P.O. I observed a "birder", standing on his
car's "running board", binoculars in hand,while checking out the large
goose flock on the sod farm located on the n/s of Northville Turnpike,
between Doctor's Path & Route 105, Riverhead. I stopped and asked what he
had seen, whereby Luis Ramos, new to N.Y., responded with "single Greater
White-fronted and blue-morph Snow geese". I, in turn, said I would return
(with my scope) within a 1/2 hour. Once back, after getting on the Snow
Goose, I was able to find a Barnacle Goose, which was a new species for
Luis ! I missed on the GWFG there, but found one in a larger flock fairly
close to the e/s of Doctor's Path (opposite the apartment complex). I
haven't been out in the field much lately, evidenced by these 3 geese
species being the first of the season for me.

Cheers,
Bob
P.S. Another first today was learning of the coming rise of the $.50 stamp
to $.55 on 1/27/19 - ugh !

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to