Today, at 1715, I arrived at the location referred to by Mike Cooper on
3/24, and found the deer and the 2nd year plumaged eagle, which, while
standing next to the corpse, was constantly scanning its surroundings. The
1st bird that flew over somewhat near the deer & eagle ( ~ 150 ft to the
east, at a height of ~ 75 ft) was an adult N.Goshawk, who continued to the
north till out of sight - yessssssssssss !   When I turned back to the deer
& eagle, the bird was now standing on the carrion, in defiance to the adult
GBBG which was diving on the eagle in hopes of scaring it off its
food-source. This action was repeated another 5-6 times, along with
accompanying vocals, before the gull gave up and flew away ! This location
is ~ 10 minutes from my home, so I'll try to check on it daily to see what
develops.

Cheers,
Bob

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to