On 4/10/19, Shaibal Mitra <[email protected]> wrote:
> Dear New York Birders,
>
> I learned yesterday that Bob May passed away on Monday.
>
> Bob was a long-time Long Island birder and a dear friend of many. It was
> always a pleasure to meet him in the field--whether it was a reunion between
> old friends, or, for newer birders who had never met him before, as a
> positive influence and a helpful voice (with glorious New England accent!)
> of experience. I know I valued his kindness to me in my first meetings with
> him, when I was getting started birding on Long Island.
>
> From Dave Klauber and Norm Klein I learned that the wake will be at Rocky
> Point Funeral Home, 603 Route 25A, Rocky Point, Suffolk County, with
> visiting hours on Friday from 2-4 and 7-9.
>
> With sorrow but also with many warm memories,
>
> Shai Mitra
> Bay Shore
> --
>
> NYSbirds-L List Info:
> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
> http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
>
> ARCHIVES:
> 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
> 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
> 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01
>
> Please submit your observations to eBird:
> http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
>
>Terrible news indeed. So many fond memories meeting Bob in the field at so 
>many hot spots in our area - usually with Dave Klauber at his side who used to 
>refer to him as his "birding guru". A true gentleman. He'll be missed dearly.

Bobby Berlingeri
>
>

--

NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm

ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01

Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/

--

Reply via email to