A few of us who had staked out the known location of the Black-necked Stilt
were just now rewarded with satisfying views after patiently sitting it out for
several hours. The bird did not stick around for more than 10 mins after we saw
it and was last seen heading in the direction of Point Lookout. I will check on
my way out to see if I could find where else it hangs out.
Many thanks to Fliepe Pimental who spotted the Black-necked Stilt feeding near
the entrance booth entrance at Nickerson and then conveyed that to Harry Taylor
and I.
Also, thanks to Robert Proniewych for his intel and Tom Fiore who generously
took the time to post to the list serves.
The two American Golden-Plovers also continues in the same location as earlier
reported.
Sharing is caring! Keep the listserves alive y’all!
--------
"I prefer to be true to myself, even at the hazard of incurring the ridicule of
others, rather than to be false, and to incur my own abhorrence." ~ Frederick
Douglass
風 Swift as the wind
林 Quiet as the forest
火 Conquer like the fire
山 Steady as the mountain
Sun Tzu The Art of War
> (\__/)
> (= '.'=)
> (") _ (")
> Sent from somewhere in the field using my mobile device!
Andrew Baksh
www.birdingdude.blogspot.com
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--