Thanks for the update Joe.
I'm interested in renting a boat and sharing expenses with others. I don't
know how feasible this is.
Bob LewisSleepy Hollow NY
On Monday, June 10, 2019, 12:39:10 PM EDT, <[email protected]> wrote:
The adult Bridled Tern found on Great Gull Island on June 8 continued today on
the northeast corner of the island. The island is a research facility and
sanctuary for a large colony of Common Terns and the endangered Roseate Tern.
Landing on the island is not allowed. However, last August a number of birders
were able to see the Bridled from small boats off-shore. On my Inwood Birder
blog I have posted a map of the island indicating the part of the island the
bird frequents. The link is:
https://inwoodbirder.blogspot.com/2019/06/june-10-bridled-tern-comes-back-to.html
Last August, during the bird’s nearly three week stay on the island I was able
to post almost daily updates on the bird’s presence. However,, June is the peak
of the nesting season and research work will prevent me from checking for the
bird every day. I will post updates when I am able, but it will be sporadic.
Joe DiCostanzo
-- NYSbirds-L List Info: Welcome and Basics Rules and Information
Subscribe, Configuration and Leave Archives: The Mail Archive Surfbirds ABA
Please submit your observations to eBird! --
--
NYSbirds-L List Info:
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm
http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm
ARCHIVES:
1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html
2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L
3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01
Please submit your observations to eBird:
http://ebird.org/content/ebird/
--