Hi everyone, I just want to clear the misunderstanding about yesterday's Sighting of Ash-throated Flycatcher in Shore Road Park of Brooklyn. The bird was neither found nor ID'ed by myself. It was spoted initially by another birder who pointed the bird to me (we were birding together) and we both missed the ID. We thought of few possibilities including Eastern or Western Kingbird and we decided to go with Great-crested Flycatcher althought the bird looked slightly and behaved differently. We didn't think of the possibility of Ash-Throated Flycatcher which it would've been my second ever sighting of this species and probably his life bird (I am not sure on that). The credit of correct ID goes to two other birders who saw the photos and the video I made and sent me emails, almost semultaniously, raising the possibility of this species.
I don't mind getting the credit for getting good photos and videos of the bird though. LOL You can watch the video here: https://twitter.com/BirdBrklyn/status/1189158476167237633 And see the photos here: https://twitter.com/BirdBrklyn/status/1189158476167237633 Unfortunately, the bird was not seen again in the same park. Gus -- NYSbirds-L List Info: http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsWELCOME.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsRULES.htm http://www.NortheastBirding.com/NYSbirdsSubscribeConfigurationLeave.htm ARCHIVES: 1) http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/maillist.html 2) http://www.surfbirds.com/birdingmail/Group/NYSBirds-L 3) http://birding.aba.org/maillist/NY01 Please submit your observations to eBird: http://ebird.org/content/ebird/ --
